K3 Residency Programme 2019/2020K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three eight-month residencies per season to choreographers, who are currently at the beginning of their career and have produced some choreographic work of their own. The residency begins in August and runs until April of the following year. The residency includes mentoring and dramaturgical, technical, and production related support. It moreover links the projects proposed by the choreographers in residence closely to the various other on going programs of K3.
The goal of the residency is to develop and strengthen the connections between choreographic practice, research, artistic production, and qualification. The length of eight months should provide sufficient time and space for overcoming conventional rhythms of production and open up space for exchange with other artists and interested parties in order to receive new impulses and contacts. Over the course of the residency the three choreographers will each develop a full-length piece that is presented at the end of the residency on three evenings.
• The applicant must be at the beginning of his/her career and should have already implemented some projects of his/her own.
• The applicant is available for the entire duration of the residency from August 2019 until April 2020 in Hamburg.
• The applicant is willing to participate in K3’s outreach programme and other events at K3.
• The applicant is interested both in engaging in exchange with other artists, as well as with an interested audience.
• The applicant already has some experience in / is interested in dealing with choreography on a discursive level, reflecting her/his ownwork, as well as working in a self-organised manner.
• Only applications by individuals can be accepted. Applications by teams or ensembles cannot be taken into consideration.
• We accept applications in all choreographic fields (also dance for young audience for example). There is no pre-setting or exclusion.
The residency programme covers:
• a monthly scholarship
• a production budget for the performances at the end of the residency
• use of the K3 studios
• support from the K3 team in the fields of dramaturgy, organisation, technical assistance, and public relations
• active participation in the K3 outreach programme
• optional: participation in regular professional training and other workshops offered at K3
• optional: participation in the “MA-Performance Studies” programme at the University of Hamburg
Required Application Documents:
The application period for the residency in the 2019/20 season begins June 15 2018.
The deadline is August 13 2018 (11:59pm central European time).
The application can only be made in English through the online form: https://k3-hamburg.de/en/k3/residencyapplicationform
Applications must be made online via the application form, which will be activated during the application period and which contains e.g. questions concerning artistic background, motivation and details on the artistic project being proposed for the residency.
The online application form can be filled out, edited and saved during the application period (June 15 2018 to August 13 2018 11:59pm). All applications, which have not been sent to us by that time, will be deleted. It is not possible to apply in any other way or to extend the deadline.
For inquires please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +49 (0) 40 / 270 949 – 45
Organisation | Communication
K3 offers two- to three-month internships several times a year in the fields of organisation and communication. On inquiry, longer internships are also possible. At least basic language skills in German are necessary.
Applications may be submitted at any time.
for applications and inquiries please contact email@example.com
Probebühne Eins for Choreographers
Probebühne Eins is a workshop format created to show contemporary dance and performance pieces in an early stage of development. In regular intervals, we offer the opportunity to present works-in-progress and share different approaches on stage. Each presentation should not be longer than 10 minutes.
The technical setting for the showing is: black dance floor, basic lighting, sound via CD (or notebook/mp3-player), two wireless microphones, video projection via DVD-player (or notebook/mp3-player) on a 4x3m static screen on the back wall of the stage. Notebooks or mp3-players need to be provided by the participants. The setting can not be changed or extended.
for inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org application period for the next Probebühne Eins will be announced here and in our Newsletter.
Unfortunately, we can't cover travelcosts.